Salve - I am your city guide!
My name is Daniela Ganz and I was born and raised in Trier, or rather Ehrang, a small suburb of the city. Except of a short period, I have lived in Trier my entire life.
At some point in my early thirtys I got the travel bug and started to discover the world, especially my favorite country Canada. It struck me that I was missing something in my job I had chosen and that I obviously had other talents.
And a new idea was born.
In 2014 I started some studies as a tourism specialist and tour guide in a distance learning class. Since all of this was very theoretical, I added various practical courses for tour guides, city tours and hiking tours and over the years I realized that there are not only interesting things to discover far from home, but also right on my doorstep.
What was a tiring lesson in school has turned into a new passion, namely rediscovering the history of my beautiful hometown and deepening my knowledge about Trier. And what should I say? I am proud to be a real "Trier girl" or how we say here a "Trierer Mädschi".
To complete my training, I finally also successfully finished the cours of the "Trier Tourismus und Marketing GmbH" to become an offical tour guide for Trier, because I wanted to establish the right basis for transferring knowledge about my hometown to others.
With my love for the wonderful history and the many special stories of this most beautiful city in the world, I want to thrill and to inspire visitors of Trier.
I look forward to telling you - whether in a private or business environment - historical and entertaining stories about the more than 2000 year old city.
You can find more information about my tours here:
- certified city guide for Trier (Tourist-Information/ttm GmbH Trier)
- "Tourism Specialist" (Travel College für Touristik)
- "Tour Guide - Hiking Guide" (Travel & Personality)
- "Tour Guide" (Fernakademie Touristik)
- German National Tourist Guide Association (BVGD)
- Association for Tourist Guides for Trier and its surrounding region e. V.
- Society for useful research for Trier e. V.
- Association "Trierisch e.V."
- Trier-Society - Society for the preservation of historical sites in Trier e.V.